Keeping fingers crossed

  • blackwell.raven
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1 7:56 AM
      Just let you y'all down south that I am keeping you in my prayers. May
      you ride the storm(s) safely.

      Raven
    • Faith Hunter
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1 11:07 AM
        Same here, yall. Prayers for safety. I am delighted to hear the storm
        is decreasing in strength. However, it is heading further west than I
        had hoped.

        My aged aunt, her diabetic hubby and 9 pomeranians are riding out the
        storm in her home in Lake Charles because they are too infirm to get
        out of town. Eeek.

        Faith

        --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "blackwell.raven"
        <blackwell.raven@...> wrote:

        > Just let you y'all down south that I am keeping you in my prayers.
        May
        > you ride the storm(s) safely.
        >
        > Raven

      • Edward Wilson
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1 11:38 AM
          We will keep them, even the pomeranian, in our thoughts and prayers.

          (No i dont have anything against pomeranians per say, just little dogs give the the creeps, sry)

          Ed

          <blackwell.raven@ ...> wrote:

          > Just let you y'all down south that I am keeping you in my prayers.
          May
          > you ride the storm(s) safely.
          >
          > Raven

        • lucia.ember
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 2 9:49 AM
            Thank y'all so much. I live in a place that will be getting the after
            shocks, I guess you'd call them. I've been praying, but know there are
            others helps. I feel awful for those who just got their lives back
            together as well...
          • Faith Hunter
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2 10:23 AM
              Lucia,
              It looks like the very worst is over. Hope you fared well.
              My aunt and kennel are fine to date.
              Faith

              --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "lucia.ember" <lucia.ember@...>
              wrote:

              > Thank y'all so much. I live in a place that will be getting the after
              > shocks, I guess you'd call them. I've been praying, but know there
              are
              > others helps. I feel awful for those who just got their lives back
              > together as well...

            • blackwell.raven
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2 1:58 PM
                Those is NC/SC better still keep those fingers crossed- you're about
                to get hit by the next one.

                Raven
              • Edward Wilson
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 2 3:28 PM
                  My sister lives in Charleston. Believe me we are keeping finger crossed.
                  Ed

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 2 6:08 PM
                    yep. bad weather heading here.
                    evil weather djinns....
                    faith

                    --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, Edward Wilson <brathanor@...>
                    wrote:

                    > My sister lives in Charleston. Believe me we are keeping finger
                    crossed.

                    > Ed

                  • Maygen Kaye
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 3 12:25 PM
                      Evil weather djinns indeed.
                      Fingers are going to be deformed after all this extensive finger
                      crossing.
                    • Sarah and Melanie Noneofyourbusiness
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 3 1:14 PM
                        LOL Aint that the truth??? I left Louisiana in April to move to the D.C./Baltimore area.  I've been on the phone non-stop checking on friends and family when the lines are open.  Now they tell me I may have to worry about Hannah all the way up here?  Man. Thought all I was going to have to deal with was snow and ice. *shuddering*  So long as I don't have to EVER live through a Katrina/Rita combo again, I think I'll be fine.  My fingers are crossed, my prayers lifted on the wind to the Goddess, and my thoughts are with all of you who may be in the path of the storms, or who have family and friends that are.

                        S/BB

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 3 1:53 PM
                          It's crazy!
                          The world is getting it's revenge on us for be such jerks to it, lol.
                        • Misty
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 3 5:39 PM
                            Edward Wilson wrote:

                            > My sister lives in Charleston. Believe me we are keeping finger crossed.

                            Mine too! She's an engineer for the city of North Charleston, which
                            means she can't leave if a storm comes.

                            Sometimes I'm glad I'm a librarian.

                          • Randy MacKay
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 3 6:15 PM
                              Hey, I've seen Buffy, and The Librarian (I and II)...

                              I know how tough librarians are ;-)

                              Randy

                              On 9/3/08, Misty <mistywrites@...> wrote:
                              > Edward Wilson wrote:
                              >>
                              >> My sister lives in Charleston. Believe me we are keeping finger crossed.
                              >
                              > Mine too! She's an engineer for the city of North Charleston, which
                              > means she can't leave if a storm comes.
                              >
                              > Sometimes I'm glad I'm a librarian.

                              Sent from my mobile device