Re: note

  • Faith Hunter
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
      Goodness, thank you all for the thoughts and vibes and prayers!

      Prayers your way, Randy! Sounds like lots of ouches...

      Mom's Trop was normal on admission and at 8 hours.
      And yes, it well could be esoph. spasms. I'll mention that to MD.
      Thanks!
      Faith

      --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Randy MacKay" <eliseo@...> wrote:

      > If the isos and EKG are normal, could it be esophageal spams? They
      often
      > can mimic a CI, and respond to sublingual nitro....
      >
      > Did they run a Troponin?
      >
      > Sorry to hear it, though.
      >
      > Its not been a good week medically for our friends and family so
      far,
      > either... Char has pneumonia, Char's mother seriously injured her
      hand on a
      > trip through Alaska and is being flown in tonight for urgent
      surgery, my
      > stepfather learned that he has a disfiguring skin cancer all over
      his face,
      > and my 8-year-old son badly sprained his back (thank heaven's it
      was only a
      > sprain) doing acrobatics today....
      >
      > I hope all goes well with your mother, Faith. We'll send prayers
      and good
      > thoughts your way!
      >
      > Randy
      >
      > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Aleta Turner <aletamosquito@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Thinking about you, your mom, and the rest of your
      > > family, Faith!!
      > >
      > > Hugs,
      > > Aleta
      > > _._,___
      > > ~~~~~~~~
      > > "When the rain of compassion falls, even a desert
      > > becomes an immense, green ocean."
      > > --Thich N'hat Hanh

    • Randy MacKay
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
        ! hate to add... but after writing earlier, my 8-year-old had an accident while playing and injured his back....  not serious, but required a visit to Urgent Care....

        I think I'll go hide until it all passes....

        Thanks for the prayers, Faith!  We've got you covered as well.

        Randy

        On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Faith Hunter <faith@...> wrote:

        Goodness, thank you all for the thoughts and vibes and prayers!

        Prayers your way, Randy! Sounds like lots of ouches...

        Mom's Trop was normal on admission and at 8 hours.
        And yes, it well could be esoph. spasms. I'll mention that to MD.
        Thanks!
        Faith

        --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Randy MacKay" <eliseo@...> wrote:

        > If the isos and EKG are normal, could it be esophageal spams? They
        often
        > can mimic a CI, and respond to sublingual nitro....
        >
        > Did they run a Troponin?
        >
        > Sorry to hear it, though.
        >
        > Its not been a good week medically for our friends and family so
        far,
        > either... Char has pneumonia, Char's mother seriously injured her
        hand on a
        > trip through Alaska and is being flown in tonight for urgent
        surgery, my
        > stepfather learned that he has a disfiguring skin cancer all over
        his face,
        > and my 8-year-old son badly sprained his back (thank heaven's it
        was only a
        > sprain) doing acrobatics today....
        >
        > I hope all goes well with your mother, Faith. We'll send prayers
        and good
        > thoughts your way!
        >
        > Randy
        >
        > On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Aleta Turner <aletamosquito@...>

        > wrote:
        >
        > > Thinking about you, your mom, and the rest of your
        > > family, Faith!!
        > >
        > > Hugs,
        > > Aleta
        > > _._,___
        > > ~~~~~~~~
        > > "When the rain of compassion falls, even a desert
        > > becomes an immense, green ocean."
        > > --Thich N'hat Hanh

      • Melanie
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
          --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Hunter" <faith@...> wrote:

          > Goodness, thank you all for the thoughts and vibes and prayers!
          >
          > Prayers your way, Randy! Sounds like lots of ouches...
          >
          > Mom's Trop was normal on admission and at 8 hours.
          > And yes, it well could be esoph. spasms. I'll mention that to MD.
          > Thanks!
          > Faith

          Thank goodness this sounds positive if only in a neutral way, Faith.
          Tell your mom to hang in there. She's got a helpful, knowledgeable,
          caring daughter in you who I know won't let the docs get away with
          anything less than the best care! <wink> Besides, your mama doesn't
          want to miss out on watching the hawks teaching their babies to hunt!

          I hope things continue to be demystified and improve. Keep us in the
          loop.

          Love and hugs,

          ~ Melanie
        • moirastrong
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
            Faith,

            My thoughts sre with you and your mom. I hope everything goes well.

            Moira

            --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Hunter" <faith@...> wrote:

            > Just an update to my pals here.
            > Mom is in the hospital with chest pain. EKG and enzyms are normal but
            > crushing chest pain at a 10, relieved with nitro and morphine (for
            our
            > medical contingent). I may not check in much for the next few days,
            but
            > I'm thinking about you guys!
            > Faith

          • cindycic2
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1, 2008
              Adding in my prayers and best wishes to your mom and family. Hopefully
              they'll determine the cause quickly and be able to fix it (or at least
              treat it). *hugs*