Re: from faith

  • Raven Blackwell
    Message 1 of 81 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, Diana Rumbold <dianarumbold@...>
      wrote:
      > There is a really bad reality show called Who Wants To Be a
      Superhero. I've come to the conclusion hat the best way to get into
      writing fro Dark Horse comics, who helps sponsor the show, is to
      embarrass the heck out of myself and actually try out next year. I
      have the character all planned but need help with her name.

      > Here's her back story:
      > After 9/11, DHS decides to 'recruit' magic users. Out heroine is
      one of these and she goes rather unwillingly. She falls in love with
      someone who ultimately rips her heart out, literally, in a magically
      ceremony that was supposed to save the world. Gotta love men. eh?
      Her protector Goddess, Bastet makes a deal with Anubis and brings our
      heroine back to life with a few added pluses. She returns with the
      ability to control all 5 elements and shape shift into either a small
      black cat for stealth (like Bastet) or a lioness for fighting
      (Sekmeht). I just don't have a superheroine name. Any suggestions???

      Shadow Dancer? ;>

      Raven
    • Misty
      Message 81 of 81 , Sep 2, 2007
        Diana Rumbold wrote:

        > > There is a really bad reality show called Who Wants To Be a
        > Superhero.

        We are big fans! It's so cheesy, it's great! My son insists I should
        go on it, with my superpower of the Mom Eye - the look that stops all
        naughtiness in its tracks. *grin*

        > > She returns with the
        > ability to control all 5 elements and shape shift into either a
        small black cat for stealth (like Bastet) or a lioness for fighting
        > (Sekmeht).

        For the show, you might want to choose just one element to control and
        one animal to shift into. Stan Lee has commented negatively on heroes
        who have too many abilities.

        >I just don't have a superheroine name. Any suggestions???

        Well, of course you've already mentioned Bastet or Sekhmet. How about
        Felina?

        Good luck! If you get on the show, we'll be here pulling for you!
        :) Misty