Re: [the-enclave] little girls with tempers

  • Kim Harrison
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
      My bet is on the hellion.  ;-)

      --Kim
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [the-enclave] little girls with tempers

      Soooo....which niece is like Auntie Faith????

      S/BB

    • Marrisa Honeycheck
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
        You know, I had never heard of that book until about a month ago when
        my boyfriend mentioned it to me (he was an elementary school teacher
        for a few years, and is now an elementary principal)....and now you
        mention it. *laughs* Isn't it strange how you can never have heard of
        something, then all of a sudden it is all around you?

        Marrisa

        On 7/31/07, Faith Hunter <faith@...> wrote:
        > > What does this have to do with books? I got to read *I Love You,
        > Stinky Face* today. Twice.
        >
        > Faith

      • Faith Hunter
        Message 3 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
          I might have known *you* would be the one to ask that question, BB.
          And -- I was totally untallented with music of any kind. But was bossy
          as heck. Mama slapped my sassy mouth one time when I stuck out my
          tongue at her. And I loved horses! I had to learn how to be sweet,
          kind, and helpful. But I wasn't mean, didn't hit, and didn't look for
          ways to create negative energy. But I was sneaky as heck.
          Sooo...all of them and none.
          Faith

          --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, Sarah and Melanie
          Noneofyourbusiness <bayoubrats2004@...> wrote:

          > Soooo....which niece is like Auntie Faith????
          >

          > S/BB
        • Faith Hunter
          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
            <lifts nose in the air>
            I was never mean.
            I just wanted to run the world.
            Faith

            --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Kim Harrison" <kimharrison@...>
            wrote:

            > My bet is on the hellion. ;-)
            >
            > --Kim

          • Marrisa Honeycheck
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
              "wanted" to run the world? I thought that was still the goal?

              Marrisa

              On 8/1/07, Faith Hunter <faith@...> wrote:
              > <lifts nose in the air>
              > I was never mean.
              > I just wanted to run the world.
              > Faith
            • Kim Harrison
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                That's why we became writers, isn't it? (grin)

                --Kim
                Message 7 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                  Your four-year-old sounds EXACTLY like mine! She's "hurt" all the
                  time too and a sassy mouth to boot. ;) I feel for her kindergarten
                  teacher, but so far she's not had any notes sent home with her,
                  although she did admit to me that she got moved to the front of the
                  class because she was arguing with another girl about her friend,
                  Kimmie. "She's MY friend, not your's!" This on the first day of school!

                  I loved the panties complaint....I have the same problem.

                  -mendi

                  --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Hunter" <faith@...> wrote:

                  > x-posted to LJ and MySpace...so I can get it out of my head.
                  >
                  > I played auntie Faith today for my nieces. They are ages four and
                  > six, and as different as the stars and the moon. The little one is
                  > aggressive and full of the *hitting out* energy that needs an
                  > aggressive outlet, like a punching bag or martial arts. The six year
                  > old is so sweet and lovely she should be advertizing something
                  > exotic. She plays the piano with this fierce concentration, and she
                  > loves horses.
                  > Me? I just need coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. And I can't even
                  > drink coffee anymore...
                  >
                  > OMG. The characters I am coming up with based on the personality
                  > types and the interactions between the girls. I can see these
                  > magelings in a creche, running around, wild, unfocused magic building
                  > up in the air like lightning waiting to strike. If I get to write the
                  > Enclave -- book four in the series -- I want to have Thorn encounter
                  > some magelings. I think she'll need coffee too. Maybe some earplugs.
                  > Certainly all her amulets and wits about her...
                  >
                  > Part two....
                  >
                  > My nieces are a riot. The 4 year old is a natural born little
                  > hellion, who, when she is missing her parents, feeling left out, and
                  > ignored, gets mean as a way to get even. Today, I got the brunt of
                  > it, starting at 830 this morning!
                  >
                  > First her panties were too tight. Then they were falling off. Then
                  > her toe hurt too much to take a bath, though the pool water was fine.
                  > Then, when she was awful -- really awful -- and I threatened to spank
                  > her hiney, she turned that naked butt to me and shook it at me,
                  > singing "shake shake shake...shake your bummy.."
                  >
                  > OMG, I nearly fell over laughing. What a little card!
                  >
                  > What does this have to do with books? I got to read *I Love You,
                  > Stinky Face* today. Twice.
                  >
                  > Faith

                • Faith Hunter
                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                    <sigh>
                    I have had to settle on ruling worlds I create...
                    Faith
                    --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Marrisa Honeycheck"
                    <whispergrrl@...> wrote:

                    > "wanted" to run the world? I thought that was still the goal?
                    >
                    > Marrisa
                    >
                    > On 8/1/07, Faith Hunter <faith@...> wrote:
                    > > <lifts nose in the air>
                    > > I was never mean.
                    > > I just wanted to run the world.
                    > > Faith

                  • Faith Hunter
                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                      Indeed it is, Kim.
                      <grins>
                      And it's a good thing we don't have absolute authority in real life
                      or some evil people in publishing would hear, "off with their heads!"
                      <snicker at inside joke>

                      wrote:

                      > That's why we became writers, isn't it? (grin)
                      >
                      > --Kim

                    • Faith Hunter
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                        And do you stick your bare butt into the air and sing???
                        Faith -- who is still laughing over the image of a 4 yr old
                        hiney...shake shake shake

                        --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Destructo Girl" <rafteryb5@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Your four-year-old sounds EXACTLY like mine! She's "hurt" all the
                        > time too and a sassy mouth to boot. ;) I feel for her kindergarten
                        > teacher, but so far she's not had any notes sent home with her,
                        > although she did admit to me that she got moved to the front of the
                        > class because she was arguing with another girl about her friend,
                        > Kimmie. "She's MY friend, not your's!" This on the first day of
                        school!

                        > I loved the panties complaint....I have the same problem.
                        >
                        > -mendi
                      • Destructo Girl
                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                          Umm....no [rolls eyes]

                          -m

                          --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Hunter" <faith@...> wrote:

                          > And do you stick your bare butt into the air and sing???
                          > Faith -- who is still laughing over the image of a 4 yr old
                          > hiney...shake shake shake
                          >
                          > --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Destructo Girl" <rafteryb5@>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Your four-year-old sounds EXACTLY like mine! She's "hurt" all the
                          > > time too and a sassy mouth to boot. ;) I feel for her kindergarten
                          > > teacher, but so far she's not had any notes sent home with her,
                          > > although she did admit to me that she got moved to the front of the
                          > > class because she was arguing with another girl about her friend,
                          > > Kimmie. "She's MY friend, not your's!" This on the first day of
                          > school!
                          > >
                          > > I loved the panties complaint....I have the same problem.
                          > >
                          > > -mendi

                        • J. K. Holmes
                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 1, 2007
                            --- In the-enclave@yahoogroups.com, "Faith Hunter" <faith@...> wrote:
                            <polite snippage>
                            > First her panties were too tight. Then they were falling off. Then
                            > her toe hurt too much to take a bath, though the pool water was
                            fine.
                            > Then, when she was awful -- really awful -- and I threatened to
                            spank
                            > her hiney, she turned that naked butt to me and shook it at me,
                            > singing "shake shake shake...shake your bummy.."

                            LOL! That reminds me of my oldest niece. I was babysitting her once
                            when she was three and my brother's then-girlfriend-and-now-wife came
                            over to visit. My niece asked her "What kind of panties do you wear?"
                            Naturally, my brother turned forty shades of red and my future sister-
                            in-law didn't know what to say. Then, to make matters worse, my niece
                            proceeds to announce to everyone that she was wearing Barbie panties
                            and dropped her shorts to prove it.

                            But that was fourteen years ago and my niece is now a model. What can
                            I say? She's never been shy. :)

                            J. K.
                          • Sarah and Melanie Noneofyourbusiness
                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 2, 2007
                              Of course it was me.  I saw a wee bit of the little "BB" in each of your nieces.  I think any little one who doesn't push the boundaries now and then, has something a little wrong with them.  I only had boys in the small neighborhood where I grew up.  So, one day, they were all peeing on the side of the tree and I decided I could too.  My mom wasn't too thrilled and knocked me upside the head, telling me little girls only went where there was a door.  :o)  I wasn't mean, didn't try to rule the world, but I did often ask questions that adults probably wished I hadn't.  Think I still do it to this day.  I'm not shy, and if I want to know, I'll ask.  As for sneaky...hehe.  We'll have to trade stories some day.  Wondering if you had a trellis outside your 2nd story bedroom window that you used in high school.  HA

                              S/BB

                              Faith Hunter <faith@...> wrote:
                              I might have known *you* would be the one to ask that question, BB.
                              And -- I was totally untallented with music of any kind. But was bossy
                              as heck. Mama slapped my sassy mouth one time when I stuck out my
                              tongue at her. And I loved horses! I had to learn how to be sweet,
                              kind, and helpful. But I wasn't mean, didn't hit, and didn't look for
                              ways to create negative energy. But I was sneaky as heck.
                              Sooo...all of them and none.
                              Faith

                              --- In the-enclave@ yahoogroups. com, Sarah and Melanie
                              Noneofyourbusiness <bayoubrats2004@ ...> wrote:

                              > Soooo....which niece is like Auntie Faith????
                              >

                              > S/BB

                              Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

                            • Sarah and Melanie Noneofyourbusiness
                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 2, 2007
                                And I bet she never tells

                                S/BB

                                Kim Harrison <kimharrison@...> wrote:
                                My bet is on the hellion.  ;-)

                                --Kim
                                Soooo....which niece is like Auntie Faith????

                                S/BB

                                Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

                              • Faith Hunter
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 2, 2007
                                  Trellis, no. But I did have a couple of cement blocks. Daddy found em
                                  and took em away. Dang it. Sneaky, yeah, me.

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 2, 2007
                                    I think I shall name the cylinder block I rest my bushhog on "Faith".  I will think of you every time I use it, and wonder where you snuck off too.  :o)  I once got busted skipping school to go to a live taping of the Jerry Springer show in Chicago.  The one day my mom went to bridge club and her friend had it on.  How lucky was I that the camera panned the audience, and there sat BB?!  Should have stuck to miniature golfing and the Brewers games.

                                    S/BB

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 3, 2007
                                      <sniff, nose in air.>
                                      The guy was red-headed, with strange ruby irises. Seriously. They
                                      looked like they ere on fire. Totaly worth the grounding I got.

                                      And...SPRINGER?
                                      hehe
                                      Yep, that sounds like you!