Re: [textualcriticism] Digest Number 233

  • biblical_studies@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2005
      Ted wrote:

      "What seems to be claimed here has to do with the nomina sacra, KS, and not with the word Kurios."

      Ah, this makes sense. Thank you for pointing out what I clearly missed in the quote.

      So KS was a scribal shorthand for Kurios, which is firmly believed to have been in the original writings. I suppose my next question would be, was this common in this period? Do we see the same thing in the LXX? Or is this a peculiar practice with the transmission of the NT?

      Yours,
      Chuck Wynn
      Campus Staff,
      Riverview Church