Re: Justin Martyr and the ending of Mark

  • malcolm robertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      Dear Andrew,

      In light of the introductory/prefatory nature of Justin's remarks immediately prior to the citations as well as the use of the conjunction before each one of these cited passages I am highly doubtful whether Bellinzoni and Petersen are not just free thinking ..."alas, medicine, jurisprudence have I learned..."

      I think you would agree it must have been quite a poor production of a harmony if Justin was in fact using such a thing.

      Cordially in Christ,

      Malcolm

      "Those such as Bellinzoni and Petersen who believe that Justin was using a gospel harmony usually hold that several passages generally regarded as loose quotations from Matthew are in fact quotations of a text which harmonises Matthew and Mark (eg Apology 15:2 is regarded by such scholars as a harmony of Matthew 5:29, Mark 9:47 and Matthew 18:9)"

      Discover Yahoo!