Alexander Pallis

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      I am currently reading the "Notes" on the Greek text by Alexander Pallis. Pallis, a Greek, was a translator and poet and translated the GNT into free demotic around 1900. His insights, suggestions and ideas on grammar, textual issues and also exegesis are very interesting and stimulating. He often shows similarities to modern Greek and gives new interpretations.
      I am incorporating the more important things into THE COMMENTARY.

      The titles:

      Notes on St. Mark and St. Matthew, 1932
      Notes on St. Luke and the Acts, 1928
      Notes on St. John and the Apocalypse, 1926
      To the Romans : A commentary, 1920

      Recommended!

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de