Re: 1 Samuel 13:1

  • jovial1000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2014
      I have somewhat wondered if "בֶּן-שָׁנָה" (son of a year) was actually intended to be בּן"-שָׁנָה (42 , or "42 year" or whether the number was simply left out altogether. More likely the latter, swince numbers are generally written out as a full word.

      J0E

        On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Atef Wagih <atef_wagih@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I am just wondering whether anyone came across a detailed textual analysis
      > to 1Samuel 13:1 ?
      >
      > This is the best one I found so far, but I am not sure whether it covers
      > all the points in this verse or not.
      >

      > http://michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible/2008/07/1-samuel-131-the-matter-of-missing-words-in-the-bible/
      >
      > Thank you very much,
      > In Christ
      > Atef Raouf
      > Sub-Deacon in the Coptic Orthodox Church

    • bucksburg
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2014
        Joe,

        That may work in English, but as far as I know the way to express age in OT Hebrew is always 'the son/daughter of ___ years."