Mt 5:30 h.t. error

  • Bai Jiansheng
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2004
      NA27 cites that D pc vg-ms sy-s bo-ms omit the verse, Mt. 5:30. I cannot read Syriac and
      Bohairic. But it does seem to me that the Gk. witnesses, at least, could not have omitted
      the verse without the alternate reading at the end of the v., BLHQH EIS GEENNAN, by (L) W
      Theta 0233 f13 Byz f vg-ms sy-p.h sa. If this is true, does this allow the latter alternate
      reading more weight for being original?

      Bai Jiansheng
    • Klaus Wachtel
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 16, 2004
        Images of the NT manuscripts owned by the Bibelmuseum Muenster are now
        available at
        <http://www.uni-muenster.de/NTTextforschung/
        Handschriften_Bibelmuseum.html>

        Klaus Wachtel, INTF