"He came down among them" in B?

  • David Inglis
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 9, 2013

      Can anyone confirm that B, 398 read "He came down among them" *(κατέβη μετ' αὐτῶν)  at the beginning of Lk 6:17? If so, is this variant found anywhere else? Thank you.

      David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

    • Jean G. VALENTIN
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 9, 2013
        I have here a facsimile of B, it reads KATABAC.

        (facsimile obtained from bibles.org.uk).

        Yours,

        Jean V.

        Le 9 nov. 2013 à 17:10, David Inglis <davidinglis2@...> a écrit :

        Can anyone confirm that B, 398 read "He came down among them" *(κατέβη μετ' αὐτῶν)  at the beginning of Lk 6:17? If so, is this variant found anywhere else? Thank you.

        David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

      • tvanlopik
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2013

           A misinterpretation of Von Soden, I suppose.

          In the secundary apparatus: κατέβη  Ir d398 = From the Ziongruppe: GA 1573.

          Teunis van Lopik

          ---In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, <davidinglis2@...> wrote:

          Can anyone confirm that B, 398 read "He came down among them" *(κατέβη μετ' αὐτῶν)  at the beginning of Lk 6:17? If so, is this variant found anywhere else? Thank you.

          David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

        • Dave Washburn
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 9, 2013
            I'm not sure what that link took me to, but there was nothing on the site about B.

            Dave Washburn
            http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
            Check out my review show, No Life With Irving

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 10, 2013
                On Sun, 11/10/13, Jean G. VALENTIN <jgvalentin@...> wrote:

                Would you want me to scan the page of the
                reproduction? I would then send it privately to
                you.

                No need for that. The NT portion of the Vaticanus psseudo-facsimile (a 19th century publication) is accessible on-line at https://archive.org/details/CodexVaticanusNT . The relevant phrase is on page 81 of the pdf version, about halfway down the page in the right hand column.

                James
              • David Inglis
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 10, 2013

                  Thank you. Perhaps not just a misinterpretation, but also (I assume) a misspelling of the name, as the actual quote (from http://stephanhuller.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-common-source-irenaeus-behind_2011.html ) is “ Von Sonden notes that this Marcionite reading is already attested in B 398 in Greek and the "copt syr pers and aeth."” As the inner quote re. the versions does (according to Google) indeed come from Von Soden's ‘Text of the New Testament’(to which I do not have access), I would appreciate any assistance in tracking down whether the reading I gave in my earlier post (see below) is present in any ms in any language. Thank you.