RE: Getty Open Content program

  • voxverax
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013

      Ron,

      At the page with the picture of the iris-flower, at

      http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html , within the text you will find the words  "Museum's Collection webpages."  Clicking there should take you to

      http://www.getty.edu/art/

      where there is a browse-bar.  You can type the word "Gospels" and get something like 178 image-views from NT MSS -- Greek, Latin, Armenian, and Ethiopic.  "New Testament" gets 42 hits - some of which are just items "Not Currently on view," with descriptions and maybe a detail-picture, and some of which just happen to mention the NT in their descriptions.

      Items with a "download" link are in the Open Content program.

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, <ronminton@...> wrote:

      I could not find a place that listed all their biblical mss.  Can you help?

      On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:25 AM, yennifmit <tjf@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Getty is making available all "digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required."

      http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html

      There are images of biblical MSS in their collection.

      Best,

      Tim Finney

      --
      Grace be with you,
      Ron Minton - Ukraine
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2013
        If you use one of the current incarnations of Logos Bible software, they are offering both the Greek and Latin texts of Codex D, Bezae, 05, however you designate it, as a free download. Both texts include major corrections and the hands they were made in. This is quite an offer, and I already snagged mine. Don't miss it.

        Dave Washburn
        http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
        Check out my review show, No Life With Irving