Re: [textualcriticism] Yahoo Groups Format - Seriously???

  • David Hindley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2013
      I first noticed it with XTalk. Instead of being greeted with a picture of an ancient papyrus, I got Eastern style minarets or something. I seriously thought that the interface had been compromised by Syrian hackers!

      The changes took me by such surprise that I was not so much as even tempted to search for what I was looking for, much less try to select messages to read based on their subject lines only.

      Dave Hindley

      1. Re: [textualcriticism] Yahoo Groups Format - Seriously???
      Posted by: "David Inglis" davidinglis2@... djino1
      Date: Tue Sep 3, 2013 8:46 am ((PDT))

      Unfortunately, at present it looks as though you can’t do anything about it. See <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/03/yahoo_groups_neo_design_upsets_users/> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/03/yahoo_groups_neo_design_upsets_users/ . I don’t mind changes, if they’re announced in advance, described well, and provide some benefit. This seems to have been pushed through with no warning, leaving people floundering around.

      David Inglis