Re: Pericope Adulterae : Strauss on PA and Hebr. Ev.

  • TeunisV
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 26, 2013

      Now with clickable links.
      In his "Das Leben Jesu kritish bearbeitet" (1835 (1st ed.), 1840 (4th ed.) David Friedrich Strauss described his view on the relations between the PA and the different stories of the anointing woman (women).
      See Chris Keith in "Recent and previous research", Currents in Biblical
      Research, 6,3(2008), pp. 387-388 for a nice overview.
      http://www.academia.edu/2556704/Recent_and_Previous_Research_on_the_Pericope_Adulterae_John_7.53_-_8.11_
      In "Das Leben Jesu fuer das deutsche Volk bearbeitet", 1864 Strauss presented again a view on the anointing stories and the PA. For the "Hebraeer-Evangelium"
      see pp. 503-533.
      http://books.google.nl/books/download/Das_Leben_Jesu.pdf?id=wLMZmg71bBwC&hl=nl&output=pdf&sig=ACfU3U0Oe4DIi8q94rwrbjoLfaZK5A0i_A

      On p. 532 the description(!) of a scheme:

      (2) H.E. PA (1) Mt, Mk (3) Lk 10

      (4) Lk 9 (5) Jn 12

      (4) is parented by (2) and (1).
      (5) is parented by (1) and (3) with elements of (4) added.

      Keith, p. 388: "<the matter> is much more complex than Strauss allows".
      There is still work to do, I suppose.

      Teunis van Lopik