Getty Open Content program

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15, 2013
      Hi All,

      Getty is making available all "digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required."

      http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html

      There are images of biblical MSS in their collection.

      Best,

      Tim Finney
    • ron minton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 15, 2013
        I could not find a place that listed all their biblical mss.  Can you help?

        --
        Grace be with you,
        Ron Minton - Ukraine
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 16, 2013

          Hi Ron,

          I don't know of any online listing of biblical MSS in Getty. All I can suggest is to use their search, starting with "Bible"

          http://www.getty.edu/Search/

          Best,

          Tim Finney

          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, <textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          I could not find a place that listed all their biblical mss.  Can you help?

          On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:25 AM, yennifmit <tjf@...> wrote:

          Hi All,

          Getty is making available all "digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required."

          http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html

          There are images of biblical MSS in their collection.

          Best,

          Tim Finney

          --
          Grace be with you,
          Ron Minton - Ukraine
          Ukraine cell = +38.091.357.20.51
          Skype = 240-949-2653
        • voxverax
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 18, 2013

            Ron,

            At the page with the picture of the iris-flower, at

            http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html , within the text you will find the words  "Museum's Collection webpages."  Clicking there should take you to

            http://www.getty.edu/art/

            where there is a browse-bar.  You can type the word "Gospels" and get something like 178 image-views from NT MSS -- Greek, Latin, Armenian, and Ethiopic.  "New Testament" gets 42 hits - some of which are just items "Not Currently on view," with descriptions and maybe a detail-picture, and some of which just happen to mention the NT in their descriptions.

            Items with a "download" link are in the Open Content program.

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, <ronminton@...> wrote:

            I could not find a place that listed all their biblical mss.  Can you help?

            On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 5:25 AM, yennifmit <tjf@...> wrote:

            Hi All,

            Getty is making available all "digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required."

            http://www.getty.edu/about/opencontent.html

            There are images of biblical MSS in their collection.

            Best,

            Tim Finney

            --
            Grace be with you,
            Ron Minton - Ukraine
            Ukraine cell = +38.091.357.20.51
            Skype = 240-949-2653
          • Dave Washburn
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2013
              If you use one of the current incarnations of Logos Bible software, they are offering both the Greek and Latin texts of Codex D, Bezae, 05, however you designate it, as a free download. Both texts include major corrections and the hands they were made in. This is quite an offer, and I already snagged mine. Don't miss it.

              Dave Washburn
              http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
              Check out my review show, No Life With Irving