St Chad Gospels online

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2013
      Hi All,

      This is cool:

      https://lichfield.as.uky.edu/models/gallery

      Best,

      Tim Finney
    • Vox Verax
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2013
        Tim Finney,

        It's cool, but I like the simple head-on view better than the 3D flyover. That sort of things seems like something more helpful for studying illustrations than text.

        (Also: note that the page that has the Pater Noster is the last page of Mark; it looks like the prayer was inserted in leftover space below Mark 16:20.)

        I haven't visited the St. Chad Gospels for a while, but some time ago, if you had Adobe Shockwave, you could access a page-by-page presentation, too; the link is still in the list of resources at
        http://www.curtisvillechristianchurch.org/BasicTC.html . (I'm using a spare computer at the moment and it looks like the presentation has stopped working, but that may be because I don't have Adobe Shockwave at the moment.) The link to the "Turning the Pages" presentation is at
        http://lichfield-cathedral.org/Cathedral-Treasures/st-chad-gospels.html .

      • Vox Verax
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2013
          After a short hunt, I found the presentation (for which Shockwave is required):

          http://lichfield-cathedral.org/flippingbook.html .

          Looks like I'll have to update my link.

          And speaking of links: Multiply -- which once hosted images of P66 and P75 -- is gone! Gone! Like yesterday is gone.