Greek ligatures in early printing

  • ph.maertens
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 3:58 AM

      Dear list members,

      I just came across a book that might be helpful for those interested in the Greek ligatures in early printing.

      Actually, it is a compilation made of different sources:

      An Index of Greek Ligatures and Contractions, William Wallace, 1923;
      The Ligatures of Early Printed Greek, William H.Ingram, 1966;
      Alphabetum Graecum, Parisiis 1532, Christianus Wechelus;
      Aphabetum Graecum, Lugdunum 1544, Sebastianus Gryphius;
      Alphabetum Graecum, Dionysius Halicarnassu, Menses Graecorum, Parisiis 1550, Guil. Morelius;
      Alphabtum Graecum, Lutetiae 1550, Robertus Stephanus;
      Aphabetum Graecum, Theodorus Beza, 1554, Robertus Stephanus;
      Aphabetum Graecum, Antverpiae 1566, Christophorus Plantinus;
      Alphabeum Graecum, Romae 1771.

      Freely available on archive.org:

      http://archive.org/details/GreekLigaturesInPrinting

      sunny greetings from the Algarve, Portugal

      Philip Maertens

      http://independent.academia.edu/PhilipMaertens