von Soden key

  • Peter Streitenberger
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
      Dear TC Friends,

      can anyone send me the following booklet as Pdf:

      “Schlüssel zu von Sodens "Die Schriften des Neuen Testaments...": Gegenüberstellung der in von Sodens Apparat vorkommenden Sigla und der entsprechenden in Gregorys Liste” Vandenhoeck und Ruprecht, 1927, Friedrich Krüger
      Thank you in advance !
      Yours
      Peter, Germany
    • Stephen Carlson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
        I don't have that booklet, but you might find the appendices in Aland's Kurzegefaßte Liste useful for converting to and from the von Soden numbers.

        Stephen
        --
        Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D. (Duke)
        Post-Doctoral Fellow, Theology, Uppsala
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 25, 2013

          Hello all.

          I was helping a student today work through the apparatus for an assignment in an introductory exegesis class.

          We were looking up manuscripts in Appendix I in the NA28 and came across what looks like a potential typo (p. 813).

          The table states that ms.1841 contains ap *R, while the NA27 has ap (*)r.

          Now I know it’s minor, but shouldn’t the NA28 have an r rather than an R? Typically the R points to “Romans” but in this case, the * indicates that the 1841 is a consistently cited witness for Revelation (which if used in Appendix I is typically a lowercase ‘r’, unless indicated in a string of exceptions, where it is abbreviated Ap).

          This is the kind of thing that causes quite a hiccup for librarians helping seminary students new to TC (especially when the librarian is new to the NA28). ;^)

          Jim Darlack, Assistant Librarian for Reference & Bibliographic Instruction

          GORDON-CONWELL
          THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY

          GODDARD LIBRARY
          130 ESSEX STREET, SOUTH HAMILTON, MA 01982
          (978) 646-4004 | jdarlack@...
          www.facebook.com/goddardlibrary
          www.gordonconwell.edu/library