PhD on Greek Manuscripts at Birmingham

  • hughhoughton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      Please bring this announcement to the attention of any suitable final-year undergraduates or MA students, and accept my apologies for cross posting and short notice.

      There is an opportunity for a student to undertake doctoral research at the Institute for Textual Scholarship and Electronic Editing in the University of Birmingham.
      As part of the COMPAUL project on "The Earliest Commentaries on Paul as Sources for the Biblical Text", a bursary is available for a student to work on the Greek catenae tradition of the Pauline epistles. Candidates should have excellent language skills in biblical Greek: experience of working with manuscripts would be beneficial, as would prior research experience and a Master's degree in a related area.

      Potential applicants should contact Dr Hugh Houghton, the project's principal investigator, by 2nd February 2013. Please give details of linguistic ability and research experience and attach a brief CV.
      The following web pages provide additional information
      - on the project: www.epistulae.org
      - on ITSEE: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/itsee
      - on the PhD: http://www.findaphd.com/search/projectDetails.aspx?PJID=26169

      With thanks,