[textualcriticism] Latin vulgate - Nova Vulgata

  • Steven Avery
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      Hi,

      avi weizmann
      >There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under
      >the auspices of the Vatican some years ago. I do not know if it is on line.

      Steven Avery
      It is hard to call this a critical edition of the Latin Vulgate line,
      since it is largely the Critical Text, with its very heavy Codex
      Vaticanus component, applied over the Latin text.

      Incidentally, the Clementine Vulgate of 1592 was done with a fair
      amount of scholastic savvy and evidence and resources. A case could
      be made that it is a superior representation of the original Vulgate
      than the Wordsworth-White edition.

      Shalom,
      Steven Avery
      Bayside, NY