Re: [textualcriticism] Latin vulgate

  • Peter Streitenberger
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
      Dear Wieland,

      I already got what I wanted:
      Here is the big Wordsworth-White for the Gospels:

      http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum01whit#page/170/mode/2up

      and then for Acts:

      http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentu00wordgoog#page/n8/mode/2up

      And again for Acts, the General Epistles, and Revelation:

      http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum03whit#page/n5/mode/2up

      All that is missing is Paul...

      There is antother big edition of the Vetus Latina at the Beuron Institute but far too expensive – at least for me.

      Yours
      Peter

      Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:37 PM
      Subject: RE: [textualcriticism] Latin vulgate

      > is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the

      New Testament?

      Define/specify "there" and "sound".
      There's the Vulgate from the German Bible Society.

      --------------------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical commentary:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      Please check out the TC forum:
      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

    • pino de martino
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
        Latin Vulgate

        Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiguae : seu, Vetus italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... Petri Sabatier .. (1743) Tomus primus

        http://archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru01saba#page/n7/mode/2up

        Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiguae : seu, Vetus italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... Petri Sabatier .. (1743) Tomus secundus

        http://archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru02saba#page/n7/mode/2up

        Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiquae, seu Vetus Italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... D. Petri Sabatier .. tomus tertius (1751)

        http://archive.org/details/BibliorumSacrorumLatinaeVersionesAntiquaeSeuVetusItalicaEtCaeterae

        > Here is the big Wordsworth-White for the Gospels:
        >
        > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum01whit#page/170/mode/2up
        >
        > and then for Acts:
        >
        > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentu00wordgoog#page/n8/mode/2up
        >
        > And again for Acts, the General Epistles, and Revelation:
        >
        > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum03whit#page/n5/mode/2up
        >
        > All that is missing is Paul...
        >
        > There is antother big edition of the Vetus Latina at the Beuron Institute but far too expensive – at least for me.
        >
        > Yours
        > Peter

      • Francisco J. Veismann
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
          Hi

          There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under the auspices of the Vatican some years ago.
          I do not know if it is on line.

          Kind regards.

          avi weizmann
        • TeunisV
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2013
            This is not the "classical" Vulgate.
            Compare message 6786 of this list.
            Teunis van Lopik

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Francisco J. Veismann" wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under the
            > auspices of the Vatican some years ago.
            > I do not know if it is on line.
            >
            > Kind regards.
            >
            > avi weizmann

          • mydogregae01
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
              I am not sure what you mean by "critical" edition, one which has an apparatus?
              Or an accurate edition? And which "Vulgate"?

              An accurate edition of THE 1592 Vulgate is freely available here, with
              a searchable and printable text. It is a great program again free via Michael Tweedale of Oxford. Program is available here:

              http://www.biblical-data.org/LATIN_Resources/Latin_Main.html

              sincerely,
              Mr. Gary Dykes
              www.Biblical-data.org