Latin vulgate

  • Peter Streitenberger
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
      Dear TC-Friends,

      is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the New Testament?
      Yours
      Peter, Germany
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
        > is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the
        > New Testament?

        Define/specify "there" and "sound".
        There's the Vulgate from the German Bible Society.

        --------------------------
        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        Textcritical commentary:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

        Please check out the TC forum:
        http://tcg.iphpbb3.com
      • Peter Streitenberger
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
          Dear Wieland,

          I already got what I wanted:
          Here is the big Wordsworth-White for the Gospels:

          http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum01whit#page/170/mode/2up

          and then for Acts:

          http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentu00wordgoog#page/n8/mode/2up

          And again for Acts, the General Epistles, and Revelation:

          http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum03whit#page/n5/mode/2up

          All that is missing is Paul...

          There is antother big edition of the Vetus Latina at the Beuron Institute but far too expensive – at least for me.

          Yours
          Peter

          Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:37 PM
          Subject: RE: [textualcriticism] Latin vulgate

          > is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the

          New Testament?

          Define/specify "there" and "sound".
          There's the Vulgate from the German Bible Society.

          --------------------------
          Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
          Textcritical commentary:
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

          Please check out the TC forum:
          http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

        • pino de martino
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
            Latin Vulgate

            Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiguae : seu, Vetus italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... Petri Sabatier .. (1743) Tomus primus

            http://archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru01saba#page/n7/mode/2up

            Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiguae : seu, Vetus italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... Petri Sabatier .. (1743) Tomus secundus

            http://archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru02saba#page/n7/mode/2up

            Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiquae, seu Vetus Italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... D. Petri Sabatier .. tomus tertius (1751)

            http://archive.org/details/BibliorumSacrorumLatinaeVersionesAntiquaeSeuVetusItalicaEtCaeterae

            > Here is the big Wordsworth-White for the Gospels:
            >
            > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum01whit#page/170/mode/2up
            >
            > and then for Acts:
            >
            > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentu00wordgoog#page/n8/mode/2up
            >
            > And again for Acts, the General Epistles, and Revelation:
            >
            > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum03whit#page/n5/mode/2up
            >
            > All that is missing is Paul...
            >
            > There is antother big edition of the Vetus Latina at the Beuron Institute but far too expensive – at least for me.
            >
            > Yours
            > Peter

          • Francisco J. Veismann
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
              Hi

              There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under the auspices of the Vatican some years ago.
              I do not know if it is on line.

              Kind regards.

              avi weizmann
            • TeunisV
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 7, 2013
                This is not the "classical" Vulgate.
                Compare message 6786 of this list.
                Teunis van Lopik

                --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Francisco J. Veismann" wrote:

                > Hi
                >
                > There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under the
                > auspices of the Vatican some years ago.
                > I do not know if it is on line.
                >
                > Kind regards.
                >
                > avi weizmann

              • mydogregae01
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                  I am not sure what you mean by "critical" edition, one which has an apparatus?
                  Or an accurate edition? And which "Vulgate"?

                  An accurate edition of THE 1592 Vulgate is freely available here, with
                  a searchable and printable text. It is a great program again free via Michael Tweedale of Oxford. Program is available here:

                  http://www.biblical-data.org/LATIN_Resources/Latin_Main.html

                  sincerely,
                  Mr. Gary Dykes
                  www.Biblical-data.org