RE: [textualcriticism] CSNTM and The "Translation" at the Codex Sinaiticus website email from Snapp

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 29, 2012
      This thread is now closed.
      I personally am a supporter of free, open access and I welcome everyone who is making manuscript images accessible.

    • Peter Streitenberger
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
        Dear TC-Friends,

        is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the New Testament?
        Yours
        Peter, Germany
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
          > is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the
          > New Testament?

          Define/specify "there" and "sound".
          There's the Vulgate from the German Bible Society.

          --------------------------
          Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
          Textcritical commentary:
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

          Please check out the TC forum:
          http://tcg.iphpbb3.com
        • Peter Streitenberger
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2013
            Dear Wieland,

            I already got what I wanted:
            Here is the big Wordsworth-White for the Gospels:

            http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum01whit#page/170/mode/2up

            and then for Acts:

            http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentu00wordgoog#page/n8/mode/2up

            And again for Acts, the General Epistles, and Revelation:

            http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum03whit#page/n5/mode/2up

            All that is missing is Paul...

            There is antother big edition of the Vetus Latina at the Beuron Institute but far too expensive – at least for me.

            Yours
            Peter

            Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:37 PM
            Subject: RE: [textualcriticism] Latin vulgate

            > is there a sound critical edition of the latin vulgate for the

            New Testament?

            Define/specify "there" and "sound".
            There's the Vulgate from the German Bible Society.

            --------------------------
            Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
            http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
            Textcritical commentary:
            http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

            Please check out the TC forum:
            http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

          • pino de martino
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
              Latin Vulgate

              Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiguae : seu, Vetus italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... Petri Sabatier .. (1743) Tomus primus

              http://archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru01saba#page/n7/mode/2up

              Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiguae : seu, Vetus italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... Petri Sabatier .. (1743) Tomus secundus

              http://archive.org/stream/bibliorumsacroru02saba#page/n7/mode/2up

              Bibliorum Sacrorum latinae versiones antiquae, seu Vetus Italica, et caeterae quaecunque in codicibus mss. & antiquorum libris reperiri potuerunt : quae cum Vulgata latina, & cum textu graeco comparantur ... Operâ & studio ... D. Petri Sabatier .. tomus tertius (1751)

              http://archive.org/details/BibliorumSacrorumLatinaeVersionesAntiquaeSeuVetusItalicaEtCaeterae

              > Here is the big Wordsworth-White for the Gospels:
              >
              > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum01whit#page/170/mode/2up
              >
              > and then for Acts:
              >
              > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentu00wordgoog#page/n8/mode/2up
              >
              > And again for Acts, the General Epistles, and Revelation:
              >
              > http://archive.org/stream/nouumtestamentum03whit#page/n5/mode/2up
              >
              > All that is missing is Paul...
              >
              > There is antother big edition of the Vetus Latina at the Beuron Institute but far too expensive – at least for me.
              >
              > Yours
              > Peter

            • Francisco J. Veismann
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 5, 2013
                Hi

                There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under the auspices of the Vatican some years ago.
                I do not know if it is on line.

                Kind regards.

                avi weizmann
              • TeunisV
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 7, 2013
                  This is not the "classical" Vulgate.
                  Compare message 6786 of this list.
                  Teunis van Lopik

                  --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Francisco J. Veismann" wrote:

                  > Hi
                  >
                  > There is also the Neo-Vulgate,i.e. the new edition published under the
                  > auspices of the Vatican some years ago.
                  > I do not know if it is on line.
                  >
                  > Kind regards.
                  >
                  > avi weizmann

                • mydogregae01
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2013
                    I am not sure what you mean by "critical" edition, one which has an apparatus?
                    Or an accurate edition? And which "Vulgate"?

                    An accurate edition of THE 1592 Vulgate is freely available here, with
                    a searchable and printable text. It is a great program again free via Michael Tweedale of Oxford. Program is available here:

                    http://www.biblical-data.org/LATIN_Resources/Latin_Main.html

                    sincerely,
                    Mr. Gary Dykes
                    www.Biblical-data.org