Peshitta Leiden edition online !

  • Peter Streitenberger
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 25, 2012
      Friends, fortunately I've found the Peshitta Old Testament Text according to the Leiden critical edition on the internet - there is also a lexicon included. Please see: http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/
      As you may know the printed Leiden edition is so expensive that noone can afford it Trauriges Smiley
      Is there a discussion board for Peshitta matters ?
      Yours
      Peter, Germany
    • Steven Avery
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 26, 2012
        Hi,

        Peter
        ... I've found the Peshitta Old Testament Text according to the Leiden critical edition on the internet - there is also a lexicon included. Please see: http://cal1.cn.huc.edu/ As you may know the printed Leiden edition is so expensive that noone can afford it Trauriges Smiley Is there a discussion board for Peshitta matters ? Yours  Peter, Germany

        Steven
        There have been discussion boards which have a Peshitta primacy approach.  They are rather a mixed bag, since they begin with a flawed concept.  I did have fun a few years back when I posted on the forums and they do know the Peshitta texts (including the differences between the various eastern and western editions variously called Peshitta and Peshitto).

        These may be the active two today, they are web forums.

        Peshitta.org
        http://www.peshitta.org/forum/

        Aramaic NT
        http://aramaicnt.org/discussion/

        One of the leading scholars is

        George A. Kiraz of Georgias Press.
        http://www.gorgiaspress.com/bookshop/

        Georgias Press may have some ideas of discussion lists, however there may not be any active email lists at the moment on Syriac matters.

        You may find this interesting.

        The Peshitta: Michaelis Introduction
        James Snapp, Jr. »  Nov 2012,
        http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/forum/64774768nx21631/textual-criticism-general-discussion-f18/the-peshitta--michaelis-introduction-t265.html

        Shalom,
        Steven Avery
        Bayside, NY
        http://purebible.blogspot.com/

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 26, 2012
          There's the Hugoye list:

          --------------------------
          Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
          Textcritical commentary:
          http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

          Please check out the TC forum:
          http://tcg.iphpbb3.com
        • Peter Streitenberger
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 26, 2012
            Dear Steven and Wieland,
            thank you ! I just subscribed to the discussion list on Syriac matters. I know the forum based on the Syriac primacy theory, but I don’t hold that position at all. That’s pure nonsense in my eyes, but some contributions are interesting....
            Yours
            Peter, Germany

            Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:21 PM
            Subject: RE: [textualcriticism] Peshitta discussion boards ?