Re: Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
      Dear Hugh,

      Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

      Best,

      Tim Finney

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

      > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
      > >
      > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
      > >

      > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
      >
      > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
      > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
      >
      > Hugh Houghton

    • hughhoughton
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
        Dear Tim,

        You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
        http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
        They are also listed at:
        http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

        They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

        Best wishes,
        Hugh Houghton

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

        > Dear Hugh,
        >
        > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Tim Finney

      • yennifmit
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
          Dear Hugh,

          Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

          In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

          "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

          PictureIt:EP

          The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."