Re: Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • jjcate
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
      My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

      > Dear Jeff,
      >
      > Has the BnF made your wish come true?
      > http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item
      >
      > Happy Christmas!
      > Hugh Houghton
      >

      > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cate <jjcate@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
      > >
      > > My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...

    • yennifmit
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
        Dear Hugh,

        Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

        Best,

        Tim Finney

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

        > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
        > >
        > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
        > >

        > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
        >
        > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
        > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
        >
        > Hugh Houghton

      • hughhoughton
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
          Dear Tim,

          You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
          http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
          They are also listed at:
          http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

          They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

          Best wishes,
          Hugh Houghton

          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

          > Dear Hugh,
          >
          > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Tim Finney

        • yennifmit
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
            Dear Hugh,

            Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

            In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

            "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

            PictureIt:EP

            The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

            Best,

            Tim Finney