Re: Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • Jeff Cate
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
      Oh wow! Yes! Merry Christmas to you and the BnF!

      I must admit, the only reason I threw that line in my last post was with the fleeting hope that maybe images were available that I had not been able to locate... but it's been a while since I looked. Thanks you so much.
    • jjcate
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
        My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

        > Dear Jeff,
        >
        > Has the BnF made your wish come true?
        > http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item
        >
        > Happy Christmas!
        > Hugh Houghton
        >

        > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cate <jjcate@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
        > >
        > > My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...

      • yennifmit
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
          Dear Hugh,

          Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

          Best,

          Tim Finney

          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

          > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
          > >
          > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
          > >

          > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
          >
          > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
          > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
          >
          > Hugh Houghton

        • hughhoughton
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
            Dear Tim,

            You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
            http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
            They are also listed at:
            http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

            They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

            Best wishes,
            Hugh Houghton

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

            > Dear Hugh,
            >
            > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Tim Finney

          • yennifmit
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
              Dear Hugh,

              Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

              In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

              "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

              PictureIt:EP

              The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

              Best,

              Tim Finney