Re: Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • hughhoughton
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

      > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
      >
      > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

      If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:

      http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
      http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/

      Hugh Houghton
    • Jeff Cate
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
        Oh wow! Yes! Merry Christmas to you and the BnF!

        I must admit, the only reason I threw that line in my last post was with the fleeting hope that maybe images were available that I had not been able to locate... but it's been a while since I looked. Thanks you so much.
      • jjcate
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
          My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

          > Dear Jeff,
          >
          > Has the BnF made your wish come true?
          > http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item
          >
          > Happy Christmas!
          > Hugh Houghton
          >

          > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cate <jjcate@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
          > >
          > > My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...

        • yennifmit
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
            Dear Hugh,

            Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

            Best,

            Tim Finney

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

            > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
            > >
            > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
            > >
            > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
            > >

            > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
            >
            > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
            > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
            >
            > Hugh Houghton

          • hughhoughton
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
              Dear Tim,

              You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
              http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
              They are also listed at:
              http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

              They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

              Best wishes,
              Hugh Houghton

              --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

              > Dear Hugh,
              >
              > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
              >
              > Best,
              >
              > Tim Finney

            • yennifmit
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
                Dear Hugh,

                Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

                In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

                "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

                PictureIt:EP

                The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

                Best,

                Tim Finney