Re: Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • hughhoughton
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
      Dear Jeff,

      Has the BnF made your wish come true?
      http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item

      Happy Christmas!
      Hugh Houghton

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cate <jjcate@...> wrote:

      > Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
      >
      > My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...

    • hughhoughton
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

        > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
        >
        > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

        If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:

        http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
        http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/

        Hugh Houghton
      • Jeff Cate
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
          Oh wow! Yes! Merry Christmas to you and the BnF!

          I must admit, the only reason I threw that line in my last post was with the fleeting hope that maybe images were available that I had not been able to locate... but it's been a while since I looked. Thanks you so much.
        • jjcate
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
            My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

            > Dear Jeff,
            >
            > Has the BnF made your wish come true?
            > http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item
            >
            > Happy Christmas!
            > Hugh Houghton
            >

            > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Cate <jjcate@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
            > >
            > > My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...

          • yennifmit
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
              Dear Hugh,

              Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

              Best,

              Tim Finney

              --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

              > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
              > >
              > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
              > >
              > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
              > >

              > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
              >
              > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
              > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
              >
              > Hugh Houghton

            • hughhoughton
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
                Dear Tim,

                You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
                http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
                They are also listed at:
                http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

                They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

                Best wishes,
                Hugh Houghton

                --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

                > Dear Hugh,
                >
                > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
                >
                > Best,
                >
                > Tim Finney

              • yennifmit
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
                  Dear Hugh,

                  Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

                  In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

                  "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

                  PictureIt:EP

                  The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

                  Best,

                  Tim Finney