Re: Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • Jeff Cate
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
      Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

      My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...
    • yennifmit
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
        Dear John,

        This is terrific news. Thanks for telling us. There is even a diplomatic transcription of the imaged text (with an XML file behind it, apparently). All this bodes well for the future of NT textual studies.

        Best,

        Tim Finney

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, John McChesney-Young <jmccyoung@...> wrote:

        > The Cambridge University Library has announced some new additions to
        > their digitization project, including Codex Bezae Cantabrigiensis:
        >
        > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-NN-00002-00041/1
        >
        > It includes a new edition of the text prepared by the IGNTP.
        >
        > See:
        >
        > http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/uncategorized/ten-commandments-go-digital/
        >
        > for more information about the project.
        >
        > John
        >
        > --
        > John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
        > JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung

      • hughhoughton
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
          Dear Jeff,

          Has the BnF made your wish come true?
          http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item

          Happy Christmas!
          Hugh Houghton

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

            > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
            >
            > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

            If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:

            http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
            http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/

            Hugh Houghton
          • Jeff Cate
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
              Oh wow! Yes! Merry Christmas to you and the BnF!

              I must admit, the only reason I threw that line in my last post was with the fleeting hope that maybe images were available that I had not been able to locate... but it's been a while since I looked. Thanks you so much.
            • jjcate
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
                  Dear Hugh,

                  Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

                  Best,

                  Tim Finney

                  --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

                  > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
                  > >
                  > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
                  > >

                  > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
                  >
                  > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
                  > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
                  >
                  > Hugh Houghton

                • hughhoughton
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
                    Dear Tim,

                    You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
                    http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
                    They are also listed at:
                    http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

                    They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

                    Best wishes,
                    Hugh Houghton

                    --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

                    > Dear Hugh,
                    >
                    > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
                    >
                    > Best,
                    >
                    > Tim Finney

                  • yennifmit
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
                      Dear Hugh,

                      Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

                      In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

                      "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

                      PictureIt:EP

                      The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

                      Best,

                      Tim Finney