RE: [textualcriticism] Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
      If you want to download the images, the URLs are:

      http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

      etc...

      --------------------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical commentary:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      Please check out the TC forum:
      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

    • Jeff Cate
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
        Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

        My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...
      • yennifmit
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
          Dear John,

          This is terrific news. Thanks for telling us. There is even a diplomatic transcription of the imaged text (with an XML file behind it, apparently). All this bodes well for the future of NT textual studies.

          Best,

          Tim Finney

          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, John McChesney-Young <jmccyoung@...> wrote:

          > The Cambridge University Library has announced some new additions to
          > their digitization project, including Codex Bezae Cantabrigiensis:
          >
          > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-NN-00002-00041/1
          >
          > It includes a new edition of the text prepared by the IGNTP.
          >
          > See:
          >
          > http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/uncategorized/ten-commandments-go-digital/
          >
          > for more information about the project.
          >
          > John
          >
          > --
          > John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
          > JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung

        • hughhoughton
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
            Dear Jeff,

            Has the BnF made your wish come true?
            http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item

            Happy Christmas!
            Hugh Houghton

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
              --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

              > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
              >
              > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

              If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:

              http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
              http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/

              Hugh Houghton
            • Jeff Cate
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                Oh wow! Yes! Merry Christmas to you and the BnF!

                I must admit, the only reason I threw that line in my last post was with the fleeting hope that maybe images were available that I had not been able to locate... but it's been a while since I looked. Thanks you so much.
              • jjcate
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                  My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
                    Dear Hugh,

                    Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

                    Best,

                    Tim Finney

                    --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

                    > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
                    > >
                    > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
                    > >

                    > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
                    >
                    > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
                    > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
                    >
                    > Hugh Houghton

                  • hughhoughton
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
                      Dear Tim,

                      You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
                      http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
                      They are also listed at:
                      http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

                      They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

                      Best wishes,
                      Hugh Houghton

                      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Hugh,
                      >
                      > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
                      >
                      > Best,
                      >
                      > Tim Finney

                    • yennifmit
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
                        Dear Hugh,

                        Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

                        In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

                        "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

                        PictureIt:EP

                        The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

                        Best,

                        Tim Finney