Online Page Images of Codex Bezae

  • John McChesney-Young
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
      The Cambridge University Library has announced some new additions to
      their digitization project, including Codex Bezae Cantabrigiensis:

      http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-NN-00002-00041/1

      It includes a new edition of the text prepared by the IGNTP.

      See:

      http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/uncategorized/ten-commandments-go-digital/

      for more information about the project.

      John

      --
      John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
      JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
        If you want to download the images, the URLs are:

        http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

        etc...

        --------------------------
        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        Textcritical commentary:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

        Please check out the TC forum:
        http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

      • Jeff Cate
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
          Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

          My Christmas wish is good online images of Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus...
        • yennifmit
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 12, 2012
            Dear John,

            This is terrific news. Thanks for telling us. There is even a diplomatic transcription of the imaged text (with an XML file behind it, apparently). All this bodes well for the future of NT textual studies.

            Best,

            Tim Finney

            --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, John McChesney-Young <jmccyoung@...> wrote:

            > The Cambridge University Library has announced some new additions to
            > their digitization project, including Codex Bezae Cantabrigiensis:
            >
            > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/view/MS-NN-00002-00041/1
            >
            > It includes a new edition of the text prepared by the IGNTP.
            >
            > See:
            >
            > http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/uncategorized/ten-commandments-go-digital/
            >
            > for more information about the project.
            >
            > John
            >
            > --
            > John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
            > JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung

          • hughhoughton
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
              Dear Jeff,

              Has the BnF made your wish come true?
              http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8470433r/f14.item

              Happy Christmas!
              Hugh Houghton

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

                > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
                >
                > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg

                If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:

                http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
                http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/

                Hugh Houghton
              • Jeff Cate
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                  Oh wow! Yes! Merry Christmas to you and the BnF!

                  I must admit, the only reason I threw that line in my last post was with the fleeting hope that maybe images were available that I had not been able to locate... but it's been a while since I looked. Thanks you so much.
                • jjcate
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 14, 2012
                    My New Year's wish is to find images of minuscule 2344 (BnF, Gr. 18, fol. 170-230)... but so far no luck...

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 16, 2012
                      Dear Hugh,

                      Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.

                      Best,

                      Tim Finney

                      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "hughhoughton" <H.A.G.Houghton@...> wrote:

                      > --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > If you want to download the images, the URLs are:
                      > >
                      > > http://cudl.lib.cam.ac.uk/content/images/MS-NN-00002-00041-001-00001.jpg
                      > >

                      > If you want to download the transcriptions, the URLs are:
                      >
                      > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1663/
                      > http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1664/
                      >
                      > Hugh Houghton

                    • hughhoughton
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 19, 2012
                        Dear Tim,

                        You will find some transcriptions (mostly papyri) in the Birmingham Institutional Repository:
                        http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/ (and search for "transcription" in title)
                        They are also listed at:
                        http://www.igntp.org/ on the 'Transcriptions' page on the left bar.

                        They use a slightly earlier version of the XML specifications: we hope to update all the repository transcriptions to the current specifications (http://epapers.bham.ac.uk/1656/) in the next couple of months.

                        Best wishes,
                        Hugh Houghton

                        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "yennifmit" <tfinney@...> wrote:

                        > Dear Hugh,
                        >
                        > Are there other XML transcriptions of NT MSS which have been done using the same method (i.e. same set of conventions relating to TEI)? I would like to use try writing some experimental collation software for such transcriptions using XQuery.
                        >
                        > Best,
                        >
                        > Tim Finney

                      • yennifmit
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 21, 2012
                          Dear Hugh,

                          Thanks very much for this. It looks like ITSEE and INTF have done a really good job on the transcriptions.

                          In other news, Arthur Verhoogt has announced this:

                          "Now available in the Itunes App store, downloadable for free:

                          PictureIt:EP

                          The 30 Michigan leaves of the Epistles of Paul at your fingertips."

                          Best,

                          Tim Finney