1 Corinthians 12:13b - "kai pavtes EIS ev pnuema epotisqhmev"

  • mikek
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2012
      Hello folks,

      Been looking at the second half of 1 Corinthians 12:13b for about a week or so now. So, how sound is the argument for "kai pavtes(ALL) EIS ev(one) pnuema epotisqhmev(were made to drink)" as the correct original reading? Note the word "EIS" which is the main point beind my question.

      Some critical commentators seem to state that "EIS" can put this clause in a new light and make mention that this clause is reference to the Lord's Supper, an idea that is foreign to me.

      Does the addition of "EIS" in 1 Corinthians 12:13b ADD credibility that Paul is making reference to the Lord's Supper? How is this so?

      Commentators who say such were Luther, Augustine, Theophl, Calvin(I believe) and few others. Are they saying that we drink OF THE SPIRIT in the Lord's Supper; or that we are in the SPHERE OF THE SPIRIT during the Lord's Supper or something else?

      How does the presence or absence of "EIS" play a role in this?

      thank you.

      Kindly,

      Mike Karoules