Re: Unical 075 transcript

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
      I'm forwarding the message below for Tim Finney:
      -----------------

      Hi Ken,

      I transcribed the part of uncial 075 which covers Hebrews:

      http://www.tfinney.net/PhD/data/Transcriptions/U75

      There is also a separate transcription for a supplementary part of 075 in
      Hebrews, copied by another hand: U75s. In my file naming scheme, "U" stands
      for "uncial".

      Unfortunately, my transcription only covers Hebrews, not Galatians. It uses
      an old encoding scheme developed by Peter Robinson for his Collate program.
      These days one should use TEI XML.

      If you go to Athens to transcribe the part which covers Galatians, please be
      sure to make arrangements with the administration of the Greek National
      Library first. Otherwise you might not be allowed to see it. You could avoid
      the trip if CSNTM has images of this MS.

      075 is an interesting case because its affiliation with other MSS with
      respect to substantive variation (that which affects meaning) differs from
      its affiliation with other MSS w.r.to orthographic variation (e.g.
      spelling). See e.g. the multidimensional scaling maps for 075 on pages 130
      (substantive) and 277 (spelling) of the PDF of part 3 of my PhD
      dissertation:

      http://www.tfinney.net/PhD/PDF/part3.pdf

      (Careful: it is a big PDF.)

      On the assumption that spelling reflects provenance, one might attribute
      this difference to 075 being a Byzantine text copied somewhere a long way
      from Byzantium. (Jerusalem or a monastery in the Holy Lands?)

      Best,

      Tim Finney
    • Ken Rice
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2012
        Thank you Tim and Wieland! Also I have received word through private email 075 can be found in Swanson's New Testament Greek Manuscripts Series, $20-40 per volume at Amazon.com.  And unfortunately a search on CSNTM.org did not find any images.  Please let me know if others are found, especially photos.

        Thanks again,
        Ken

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2012
          Ken,

          Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (Dr. Robinson's institution) has a 35mm film of the complete manuscript of MS 075. It is available to any and all via Interlibrary loan. Details in their Library website. I also sold to them 50 other good quality films of Biblical manuscripts.

          Their library has all of the information.

          hope this assists.
          Mr. Gary S. Dykes
          www.Biblical-data.org