Unical 075 transcript

  • knrice79
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2012
      Does anyone know of a transcription for the Unical 075? It is not on the NT.VMR or CSNTM websites and my searches on archive.org yielded nothing.

      I am specifically interested in Galatians. I'd like to compare it with another mss.

      Thank you,
      Ken
      Student, GCTS
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
        I'm forwarding the message below for Tim Finney:
        -----------------

        Hi Ken,

        I transcribed the part of uncial 075 which covers Hebrews:

        http://www.tfinney.net/PhD/data/Transcriptions/U75

        There is also a separate transcription for a supplementary part of 075 in
        Hebrews, copied by another hand: U75s. In my file naming scheme, "U" stands
        for "uncial".

        Unfortunately, my transcription only covers Hebrews, not Galatians. It uses
        an old encoding scheme developed by Peter Robinson for his Collate program.
        These days one should use TEI XML.

        If you go to Athens to transcribe the part which covers Galatians, please be
        sure to make arrangements with the administration of the Greek National
        Library first. Otherwise you might not be allowed to see it. You could avoid
        the trip if CSNTM has images of this MS.

        075 is an interesting case because its affiliation with other MSS with
        respect to substantive variation (that which affects meaning) differs from
        its affiliation with other MSS w.r.to orthographic variation (e.g.
        spelling). See e.g. the multidimensional scaling maps for 075 on pages 130
        (substantive) and 277 (spelling) of the PDF of part 3 of my PhD
        dissertation:

        http://www.tfinney.net/PhD/PDF/part3.pdf

        (Careful: it is a big PDF.)

        On the assumption that spelling reflects provenance, one might attribute
        this difference to 075 being a Byzantine text copied somewhere a long way
        from Byzantium. (Jerusalem or a monastery in the Holy Lands?)

        Best,

        Tim Finney
      • Ken Rice
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2012
          Thank you Tim and Wieland! Also I have received word through private email 075 can be found in Swanson's New Testament Greek Manuscripts Series, $20-40 per volume at Amazon.com.  And unfortunately a search on CSNTM.org did not find any images.  Please let me know if others are found, especially photos.

          Thanks again,
          Ken

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2012
            Ken,

            Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (Dr. Robinson's institution) has a 35mm film of the complete manuscript of MS 075. It is available to any and all via Interlibrary loan. Details in their Library website. I also sold to them 50 other good quality films of Biblical manuscripts.

            Their library has all of the information.

            hope this assists.
            Mr. Gary S. Dykes
            www.Biblical-data.org