Question about varient in 1 Corinthians 12:13b in Alexandrinus, (A)

  • mikek
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2012
      Hello folks,

      The text of 1 Corinthians 12:13 reads as such (from the Greek): "For we all by one Spirit are baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles; whether bond or free; and have ALL BEEN MADE TO DRINK IN ONE SPIRIT.''

      But manuscript Alexandrinus (A) codex has a major varient in 1 cor 12:13b in that it translates into English as such: "And for in one Spirit we all into one body have been baptized; whether Jews or Greeks; whether slave or whether free AND ALL IN ONE BODY "esmev" (English - "placed", I beleive).

      Would anyone be able to tell me in what other manuscripts have this same varient reading, as Codex Alexandrinus, or is this the onle one?

      Tks

      Mike Karoules
    • Peter Streitenberger
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2012
        Dear Mike,

        as far as I can see, Codex Alexandrinus is the only witness of “ESMEN” at the end of 1Cor 12,13.
        I just checked the CNTTS apparatus.
        Yours
        Peter