FW: Editions of the Greek New Testament/Institute for New Testament Textual Research

  • Michael Borries
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2012
      This is somewhat off-topic, but I hope that someone who can correct the situation described below will be reading this. In a subsequent email, the original poster gave the following information on the editions he had in hand:

      ISBNs: 3438051109; 3438051117 (leather); 0348051133 (with dictionary)
      Publisher: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft/ United Bible Societies

      As he says, publishers who publish materials about textual criticism would do well not to make things worse by their incomplete edition statements and by using the same ISBN for different editions. Doing this makes cataloging already complex and voluminous materials even more difficult.

      Michael S. Borries
      Cataloger, City University of New York
      151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor
      New York, NY 10010