RE: [textualcriticism]

  • Dave Washburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2012
      If I'm understanding you correctly, yes, the vast majority of copies of the LXX that we have are in Greek. That only makes sense because the LXX is a Greek translation of a Hebrew Vorlage. We don't have that Hebrew Vorlage; among the Dead Sea Scrolls a few Hebrew mss were found that appear to conform to the patterns that we would expect to find in that Vorlage. I don't have the exact number handy, but you are correct that it was quite small.

      Dave Washburn
      http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
      Check out my review show, No Life With Irving

      To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      From: steelcurtain40@...
      Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 19:56:47 -0700
      Subject: [textualcriticism]

      So David, does this mean that the copies we currently possess (or discovered ) of the Hebrew LXX text type are small or minute in number?

      Does this mean that of the manuscript copies of the Septuagint (LXX) text type that
      the ones we do possess are overwhelmingly Greek LXX copies over/ against the Hebrew LXX copies? Anyone feel free to reply.

      Thanks so much ;

      Mike Karoules
      Sent with Verizon Mobile Email