Re: 579 in Mt 1:25

  • wengurobo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2012
      Wieland,

      I believe your observation that the grave accent is visible at the end
      of the line shows that AUTHN is indeed abbreviated. This would suggest
      that the reconstruction of the beginning of the following line that
      includes OU is correct. Also, above the letter that precedes ETEKEN I
      seem to be able to see a circumflex accent, which would be appropriate
      for the U of OU but not for the S of EWS.

      Tony Pope

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...>
      wrote:

      > NA28 newly lists 579 for the omission of OU in Mt 1:25.
      >
      > I am wondering if this is correct. It depends on the interpretation of
      an
      > (abbreviated) AUTHN. Unfortunately we have only the old b/w image from
      INTF.