579 in Mt 1:25

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2012

      NA28 newly lists 579 for the omission of OU in Mt 1:25.

      I am wondering if this is correct. It depends on the interpretation of an (abbreviated) AUTHN. Unfortunately we have only the old b/w image from INTF. Perhaps I am overlooking something? What do you think?

      Have a look here:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/Mt-1-25-579.pdf

      --------------------------

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      Please check out the TC forum:

      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

    • wengurobo
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2012
        Wieland,

        I believe your observation that the grave accent is visible at the end
        of the line shows that AUTHN is indeed abbreviated. This would suggest
        that the reconstruction of the beginning of the following line that
        includes OU is correct. Also, above the letter that precedes ETEKEN I
        seem to be able to see a circumflex accent, which would be appropriate
        for the U of OU but not for the S of EWS.

        Tony Pope

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...>