Re: [textualcriticism] Mark 16:9-20 and the Diatessaron

  • Gary Cummings
    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 7, 2012
      George,
      Someone composed the LE of Mark, and it may have been Tatian. I would not be too shocked if it were him. Whoever did, per many scholars, and I basically agree with them-that the LE author was not Mark, and whoever it was read about the tongue speaking in the book of Acts and of Paul's snakebite when he was ship wrecked. We just do not know who did it. Is there a list of the usual suspects?
      Thanks, Gary
    • mikek
      Message 49 of 49 , Sep 24, 2012
        Ross, I just bascially know the bare facts about the Long Ending of Mark. But having done some research (a little) and reading this thread I understand that the Long Ending of Mark is in just about every translation (including the early Syriac Peshitta, which some say is the original behind the "Greek skin.")

        As far as the Alternate ending are concerned, (correct me if I am wrong here folks) but only a very small, tiny (minute number) of mansucripts include the alternate Long Endings. IOW, the alternate Long Endings did not reproduce at all in the manuscript copies.

        Mike Karoules
        Georgia, USA