Off topic: Looking for articles, resources regarding the theology of the Temple

  • Danger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      Dear Colleagues,

      This question does not deal directly with textual criticism, but since I am isolated from research facilities (ie, a theological library) I hope that some of you can assist me in crafting my search.

      I am looking for statements, articles, books in print that support the notion that during Second-Temple Judaism, the presence of God was generally linked to the Temple (and before that, to Solomon's Temple and the Tabernacle). Then this perception shifted in Christianity and Rabbinic Judaism, particularly following the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD.

      Two questions:

      1.) I'm having difficulty framing effective queries in ATLA, Logos, and other search engines. Any suggestions on profitable search strings? (I would normally ask this of a librarian, but as I mentioned, I'm a bit disconnected here from libraries).

      2.) Can you point me to any such statements about the immanence of God in temple and tabernacle in articles or books that can be viewed online? (Statements pro and con are helpful, of course. I'm looking for the articulation of one side of this argument, but all sides are useful.)

      Thanks in advance for any help here.

      [Please send replies directly to Chris. Thanks! -- Wieland]

      Sincerely,

      Chris Lovelace,
      Mar del Plata, Argentina