Helpful Overview of Biblia Hebraica Quinta

  • Danger
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2012
      Greetings, Colleagues

      The helpful post(s) today on the forthcoming NA28 reminded me that I wanted to share a somewhat old but still helpful article on Biblia Hebraica Quinta.

      See: http://rosetta.reltech.org/TC/vol07/Weis2002.html (Biblia Hebraica Quinta and the Making of Critical Editions of the Hebrew Bible)

      The author, Richard Weis, is the only American editor on the project. His work fascicle on Jeremiah should be coming out soon, if it hasn't already been published.

      (If you get the chance to read it, Weis's Claremont PhD dissertation on MASSA as a Hebrew genre is quite original [Weis, Richard D. Definition of the Genre Massâ' in the Hebrew Bible. Ph.D. dissertation: Claremont, 1986.]. Mark Boda offered a good critique of Weis's dissertation in Boda, Mark J. "Freeing the burden of prophecy: MASSA and the legitimacy of prophecy in Zech 9-14." Biblica 87, no. 3 (January 1, 2006): 338-357.)

      I am wondering, though:

      Does anyone have any updated information of publication dates for the Oxford Hebrew Bible, Biblia Hebraica Quinta, or HUB?

      The official date for completion of Quinta is 2015, but I hear rumors that 2020 is more likely.

      I'd love to get my hands on the critical notes from the Oxford project, as well.

      Any news?

      Sincerely,

      Chris Lovelace
      M.Div., Th.M. (Candidate)