Genesis 3:15 Vulgate

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2012
      I think I may have posted already to this list requesting if some kindly
      soul could send me a PDF of the Stuttgart Vulgate, Gen 3:15. I am
      interested in any variants for ipsa. One theory is that ipsa was a very
      early corruption of ipsum which may have been written ipsu_ [that would
      be the mark above the u to indicate the -um ending], which could very
      easily have been read instead as an "a."

      Any additional comments would be welcome. Latin I do multum, maybe
      nimis, but text criticism not so much... :)

      --
      N.E. Barry Hofstetter
      Semper melius Latine sonat