Old Testament Pseudepigrapha

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2012

      Also coming this autumn:

      More Noncanonical Scriptures, vol 1

      Richard Bauckham

      James R. Davila

      Alexander Panayotov

      HARDCOVER; Coming Soon: 9/30/2012

      ISBN: 978-0-8028-2739-5

      Available for Backorder

      Price: $ 90.00

      Info with contents here:

      http://paleojudaica.blogspot.co.uk/2011_06_12_archive.html#5274508625958292943

      Some of this material is relevant for NT textual criticism, too.

      e.g. Jeremiah's Prophecy to Pashhur, which I discuss at Mt 27:9, check the commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/TC-Matthew.pdf

      --------------------------

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      Please check out the TC forum:

      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

    • Barry
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2012
        I think I may have posted already to this list requesting if some kindly
        soul could send me a PDF of the Stuttgart Vulgate, Gen 3:15. I am
        interested in any variants for ipsa. One theory is that ipsa was a very
        early corruption of ipsum which may have been written ipsu_ [that would
        be the mark above the u to indicate the -um ending], which could very
        easily have been read instead as an "a."

        Any additional comments would be welcome. Latin I do multum, maybe
        nimis, but text criticism not so much... :)

        --
        N.E. Barry Hofstetter
        Semper melius Latine sonat