Re: collation data

  • C L
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012
      Dear Peter,

      I was able to download a PDF from Google books when I entered the following search string: inauthor "Benjamin Kennicott" "Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum". It might work for you in Germany. I'm not positive that this is precisely the work you want, but adjusting the search terms and selecting the "full text" option at Google books might give you better results.

      Here is the direct link that I used: http://books.google.com.ar/books?id=PlOodu7qp40C&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Benjamin+Kennicott%22++Vetus+Testamentum+Hebraicum&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ftz4T-LTCuWt0AH70IjIBg&ved=0CDcQuwUwAQ#v=onepage&q=inauthor%3A%22Benjamin%20Kennicott%22%20%20Vetus%20Testamentum%20Hebraicum&f=false

      Best,

      Chris

      (Volume I and II). But my problem is that I cannot download these two
      volumes on my hard disk. I have to view them online.

      Is there a way to get it on my PC?
      Thank you
      Peter, Germany
    • mydogregae01
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2012
        I am not able to download, even using all of the options. I am however, considering scanning an excellent copy of both volumes, and saving each page as a jpg image, and putting all on a DVD. Would anyone be interested in acquiring the text in this manner? It will take me some time to scan, but if enough interest, I would do it.
        If, however, the files at the Israeli site are downloadable, then I would prefer that, but it seems to be an on-line situation only.
        Mr. Dykes
        www.Biblical-data.org

        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      • ps2866@bingo-ev.de
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
          Dear Mr. Dykes,
          a very friendly member of this list provided the Kennicott files. They are
          in my dropbox folder and I can read them off line as well (djvu-files to
          be read with a plug in). Please drop me a private note and I'll give you
          access to it.
          Your idea is good, but it would be very much effort. I spoke to a
          publishing house, being interested to print Kennicott.
          Please note that all three volumes of De Rossi are available at
          Google-books as well. They comprise the whole Tanach - Terrific !
          Yours
          Peter, Germany