Re: [textualcriticism] Re: collation data

  • Harold P. Scanlin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012
      You should be able to download both volumes by clicking on the "save document" icon on the top ribbon and choose "bundled" to the get the entire volume in one file. You may need to install djvu if you havent already done so.

      Harold P. Scanlin

      On 7/7/2012 8:32 AM, ps2866@... wrote:

      Dear Chris,
      thank you ! I've found Kenicott's Hebrew Bible at:

      http://aleph.nli.org.il/nnl/dig/books/bk002093934.html

      (Volume I and II). But my problem is that I cannot download these two
      volumes on my hard disk. I have to view them online.

      Is there a way to get it on my PC?
      Thank you
      Peter, Germany

      > Dear Peter,
      >
      > I may be mistaken, but I believe Kenicott's Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum
      > cum Variis Lectionibus is available amid the many other offerings here:
      > http://archive.org/details/HebrewBiblesBibliaHebraicaBeerKittelHooghtLeeserDelitzsch.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Chris Lovelace,
      > M.Div., Th.M. Candidate
      >

      > Dear Friends,
      >
      > where can I get acess to the Kennicott and DeRossi collation data of the
      > Hebrew Bible from the 18th century ? Are they available in the internet or
      > as print books?
      > Thank you
      > Peter M. Streitenberger, Germany

      Harold P. Scanlin
      41 Waldheim Park
      Allentown, PA 18103
      harold.scanlin@...
      610-791-9146

      Contact Me LinkedIn Facebook Flickr Twitter
      Chat Google Talk [""] Skype [""] MSN [""]
    • robert robinson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012
          Dear Peter,

          I was able to download a PDF from Google books when I entered the following search string: inauthor "Benjamin Kennicott" "Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum". It might work for you in Germany. I'm not positive that this is precisely the work you want, but adjusting the search terms and selecting the "full text" option at Google books might give you better results.

          Here is the direct link that I used: http://books.google.com.ar/books?id=PlOodu7qp40C&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Benjamin+Kennicott%22++Vetus+Testamentum+Hebraicum&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ftz4T-LTCuWt0AH70IjIBg&ved=0CDcQuwUwAQ#v=onepage&q=inauthor%3A%22Benjamin%20Kennicott%22%20%20Vetus%20Testamentum%20Hebraicum&f=false

          Best,

          Chris

          (Volume I and II). But my problem is that I cannot download these two
          volumes on my hard disk. I have to view them online.

          Is there a way to get it on my PC?
          Thank you
          Peter, Germany
        • mydogregae01
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2012
            I am not able to download, even using all of the options. I am however, considering scanning an excellent copy of both volumes, and saving each page as a jpg image, and putting all on a DVD. Would anyone be interested in acquiring the text in this manner? It will take me some time to scan, but if enough interest, I would do it.
            If, however, the files at the Israeli site are downloadable, then I would prefer that, but it seems to be an on-line situation only.
            Mr. Dykes
            www.Biblical-data.org

            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

          • ps2866@bingo-ev.de
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
              Dear Mr. Dykes,
              a very friendly member of this list provided the Kennicott files. They are
              in my dropbox folder and I can read them off line as well (djvu-files to
              be read with a plug in). Please drop me a private note and I'll give you
              access to it.
              Your idea is good, but it would be very much effort. I spoke to a
              publishing house, being interested to print Kennicott.
              Please note that all three volumes of De Rossi are available at
              Google-books as well. They comprise the whole Tanach - Terrific !
              Yours
              Peter, Germany