collation data

  • ps2866@bingo-ev.de
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
      Dear Friends,
      where can I get acess to the Kennicott and DeRossi collation data of the
      Hebrew Bible from the 18th century ? Are they available in the internet or
      as print books?
      Thank you
      Peter M. Streitenberger, Germany
    • C L
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2012
        Dear Peter,

        I may be mistaken, but I believe Kenicott's Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum cum Variis Lectionibus is available amid the many other offerings here:

        http://archive.org/details/HebrewBiblesBibliaHebraicaBeerKittelHooghtLeeserDelitzsch.

        Best,

        Chris Lovelace,
        M.Div., Th.M. Candidate

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012
          Dear Chris,
          thank you ! I've found Kenicott's Hebrew Bible at:

          http://aleph.nli.org.il/nnl/dig/books/bk002093934.html

          (Volume I and II). But my problem is that I cannot download these two
          volumes on my hard disk. I have to view them online.

          Is there a way to get it on my PC?
          Thank you
          Peter, Germany

          > Dear Peter,
          >
          > I may be mistaken, but I believe Kenicott's Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum
          > cum Variis Lectionibus is available amid the many other offerings here:
          > http://archive.org/details/HebrewBiblesBibliaHebraicaBeerKittelHooghtLeeserDelitzsch.
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > Chris Lovelace,
          > M.Div., Th.M. Candidate
          >

          > Dear Friends,
          >
          > where can I get acess to the Kennicott and DeRossi collation data of the
          > Hebrew Bible from the 18th century ? Are they available in the internet or
          > as print books?
          > Thank you
          > Peter M. Streitenberger, Germany

        • Harold P. Scanlin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012
            You should be able to download both volumes by clicking on the "save document" icon on the top ribbon and choose "bundled" to the get the entire volume in one file. You may need to install djvu if you havent already done so.

            Harold P. Scanlin

            On 7/7/2012 8:32 AM, ps2866@... wrote:

            Dear Chris,
            thank you ! I've found Kenicott's Hebrew Bible at:

            http://aleph.nli.org.il/nnl/dig/books/bk002093934.html

            (Volume I and II). But my problem is that I cannot download these two
            volumes on my hard disk. I have to view them online.

            Is there a way to get it on my PC?
            Thank you
            Peter, Germany

            > Dear Peter,
            >
            > I may be mistaken, but I believe Kenicott's Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum
            > cum Variis Lectionibus is available amid the many other offerings here:
            > http://archive.org/details/HebrewBiblesBibliaHebraicaBeerKittelHooghtLeeserDelitzsch.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Chris Lovelace,
            > M.Div., Th.M. Candidate
            >

            > Dear Friends,
            >
            > where can I get acess to the Kennicott and DeRossi collation data of the
            > Hebrew Bible from the 18th century ? Are they available in the internet or
            > as print books?
            > Thank you
            > Peter M. Streitenberger, Germany

            Harold P. Scanlin
            41 Waldheim Park
            Allentown, PA 18103
            harold.scanlin@...
            610-791-9146

            Contact Me LinkedIn Facebook Flickr Twitter
            Chat Google Talk [""] Skype [""] MSN [""]
          • robert robinson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 7, 2012
                Dear Peter,

                I was able to download a PDF from Google books when I entered the following search string: inauthor "Benjamin Kennicott" "Vetus Testamentum Hebraicum". It might work for you in Germany. I'm not positive that this is precisely the work you want, but adjusting the search terms and selecting the "full text" option at Google books might give you better results.

                Here is the direct link that I used: http://books.google.com.ar/books?id=PlOodu7qp40C&printsec=frontcover&dq=inauthor:%22Benjamin+Kennicott%22++Vetus+Testamentum+Hebraicum&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ftz4T-LTCuWt0AH70IjIBg&ved=0CDcQuwUwAQ#v=onepage&q=inauthor%3A%22Benjamin%20Kennicott%22%20%20Vetus%20Testamentum%20Hebraicum&f=false

                Best,

                Chris

                (Volume I and II). But my problem is that I cannot download these two
                volumes on my hard disk. I have to view them online.

                Is there a way to get it on my PC?
                Thank you
                Peter, Germany
              • mydogregae01
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9, 2012
                  I am not able to download, even using all of the options. I am however, considering scanning an excellent copy of both volumes, and saving each page as a jpg image, and putting all on a DVD. Would anyone be interested in acquiring the text in this manner? It will take me some time to scan, but if enough interest, I would do it.
                  If, however, the files at the Israeli site are downloadable, then I would prefer that, but it seems to be an on-line situation only.
                  Mr. Dykes
                  www.Biblical-data.org

                  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
                    Dear Mr. Dykes,
                    a very friendly member of this list provided the Kennicott files. They are
                    in my dropbox folder and I can read them off line as well (djvu-files to
                    be read with a plug in). Please drop me a private note and I'll give you
                    access to it.
                    Your idea is good, but it would be very much effort. I spoke to a
                    publishing house, being interested to print Kennicott.
                    Please note that all three volumes of De Rossi are available at
                    Google-books as well. They comprise the whole Tanach - Terrific !
                    Yours
                    Peter, Germany