Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Non-theological starting for TC

  • Larry Swain
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2012
      I've only partially followed this thread, but didn't see the following materials mentioned, which do talk about textual criticism from a non-theological point of view, though little of it directly Biblical.

      Classical, Biblical, and Medieval Textual Criticism and Modern Editing

      G. Thomas Tanselle
      Studies in Bibliography
      Vol. 36, (1983), pp. 21-68  (actually pretty much anything by Tanselle)

      Reynolds and Wilson, Scribes and Scholars
      D. C. Greetham, Textual Editing (see Tanselle)
      Paul Maas, Textual Criticism
      E. Kelemen, Textual Editing and Criticism (Norton Publ. 2008)
      M. L. West, Textual Criticism and Editorial Technique: applicable to Greek and Latin texts (Stuttgart 1973).

      --
      Larry Swain

      On Wed, Jun 6, 2012, at 07:42 PM, clearbrush wrote:

      Greetings all,

      I would like to start a group focusing on this very concept.

      If any would be interested in joining and giving startup input, please email me at

      clearbrush@...

      George Eller