RE: [textualcriticism] Re: 4Q37 and "sons of God"

  • Dave Washburn
    Message 1 of 40 , May 12, 2012
      No problem. The dual cataloging system for the DSS is absurdly confusing to everybody, probably including the good folks who devised it.

      Dave Washburn
      http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
      Check out my review show, No Life With Irving

      To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      From: bucksburg@...
      Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:32:49 -0700
      Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] Re: 4Q37 and "sons of God"

      Apparently 4Q37 was the 37th mss recovered from Cave 4, now cataloged as 4QDeut-j, and conflated by none other than yours truly as 4QDeut37. So we can remove that ID number from the list right off! and are back to two DSS mss that contain the phrase in question.

      Daniel Buck

    • Dave Washburn

        From: bucksburg@...
        Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:32:49 -0700