Re: will sinaiticus have to go back to sinai? [CLOSED]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2005
      I think the thread can now be closed, except someone has interesting new facts.

      The press release states:
      "The Times of London reported Tuesday an international group of scholars has agreed to research the precise circumstances of the manuscript's removal from the monastery. Participants in the inquiry include St. Catherine's Monastery, the British Library, the University of Leipzig and the National Library of Russia in St. Petersburg."

      We should await their results and accept their decision then.

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de